Last modified: May 26, 2016
This policy applies to information we collect on www.crownawards.com (“Website”), and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website. This policy does not apply to information collected by Crown offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Crown or any other third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- What cookies are and how they are used
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- How you can access, update, or delete your information
- How Crown treats your personal financial information
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
- How Crown protects children's privacy
- What else you should know about your online privacy
- 1. What personally identifiable information does Crown collect from me?
Crown collects information in several ways. Some personal information is gathered when you register. During registration, Crown asks for your name, email address, address, zip code, and telephone number.
Crown may also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. This information is collected automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- 2. What are cookies and how does Crown use them?
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or “Sign In” and is modified when you “Sign Out” of our services.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing Crown is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
- Assist us in tracking visits to and business on our site, and to process the items in your shopping basket. This information collected by cookies is sometimes called “clickstream” or “click trail” and may also describe which pages you visited on our site.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on Crown a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites. Crown may also collect IP addresses for system administration.
- 3. How does Crown use my information?
Crown’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized browsing experience that facilitates your ability to find and purchase the products you want. This may include personalization services, interactive communications, and online shopping.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Crown does not share any data with advertisers or business partners.
- 4. Who is collecting information?
When you are using Crown and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Crown alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. If data is being collected and/or maintained by any company other than Crown, you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
- 5. With whom does Crown share my information?
As a general rule, Crown will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. For example, Crown may disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Crown’s Terms and Conditions of Use or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Crown’s rights or property, other Crown users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Crown may also disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
Crown employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Crown may also disclose account information to a buyer or other successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Crown’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Crown about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- 6. What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
Crown may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information, or call us at 800-227-1557. Or, at any time you can easily edit your Crown Account Information to no longer receive such offers and mailings. You will need your Crown ID and Password in order to access your Crown Account Information.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those Crown services that require registration in order to participate.
Crown does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service.
- 7. What is Crown’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
You may edit your Crown Account Information at any time by using your Crown ID and password. If you have forgotten your password, please click here . For all other problems signing in to Crown, please click here.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- 8. How does Crown protect my personal financial information?
Keeping your personal financial information private is vitally important to us. As with all personally identifiable information, we do not make this available to any third parties without your permission.
Please note that there are several places on Crown’s site where you can transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Any time we ask for a credit card number we transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We use industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Crown reveals only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, Crown transmits the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- 9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Your Crown Account Information is password protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Crown Account Information by using your Crown ID and password.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Crown will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of your Crown account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Crown cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- 10. What about children’s privacy?
Naturally, the safety of children is very important to us. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- 11. What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.